Let’s see how to update Photo in Aadhaar card. According to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), a photograph must be provided when you apply for an Aadhaar Card. In case you want to update the photograph, you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center. You can check nearest center here.
Below steps to change photograph on Aadhaar Card:
- Visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra
- From UIDAI’s official website, Download the Aadhaar Enrollment Form.
- Fill in the details on the form.
- Submit the form at the nearby Aadhaar Enrollment centre.
- An executive at the centre will confirm details on the form via bio metric verification.
- The executive will take your new photo at the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra.
- Pay a fee of Rs 100(approx.) for the photo change service.
- The executive will share an acknowledgement slip with the update request number (URN).
- Use URN to check the status on UIDAI’s official website.
Important things ti keep in mind for updating Photo in Aadhaar card –
No documents will need to be provided to update the photograph on the Aadhaar Card.
It may take up to 90 days for the request to be processed.
You do not have to submit a photograph as the executive clicks the photograph on the spot using the webcam
Hope above steps clear to the change photo in Aadhaar card.
Related blogs – How to change address in Aadhaar card