In this blog, we will discuss how you can fix issues when you can’t install or download apps from Microsoft store in Windows 11. There are many possible solutions to resolve this issue. You can easily repair and reset your Microsoft store by following this steps. Below are the two ways explained step by step-
Process 1 – Reset Microsoft Store
- Press the window key + R to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Once dialog box open, type wsreset.exe then select OK.
- A blank command prompt window will open, and then in few seconds window will close and Microsoft store will open automatically.
It will delete all the app's data including your preference and sign in details. Basically it will reset Microsoft Store.
Process 2 – Repair/Reset Microsoft Store
Using this option you can either repair or reset your Microsoft Store in Windows 11. Please follow below steps –
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- In “Apps” section, Click on “Apps & features“.
- In search box, type “Microsoft store“. You will see related results for the same.
- Click on the “Microsoft store” options, and go to “Advanced options“.
- Once you click on “Advanced options“, you will see multiple options like – specifications, app permissions, battery usage, lock screen notifications, defaults, terminate, reset and uninstall.
- You need to select options available in “Reset” options. You either click on “Repair” or “Reset“.
- If you click on “Repair” option. It will try to repair it and it won’t affect app’s data.
- If you click on “Reset” option. It will delete all the app’s data including your preference and sign in details.
Above are the steps to fix the issue you are facing when you cant install or download apps from Microsoft store in Windows 11. Hope after following the above steps your issue will be resolved. Both the process will reset Microsoft store which will delete all the app’s data.
Related blog for Windows 11 – Windows 11 system requirements and features